- “The Promise: The Making of ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’” will be screening in D.C. at the Atlas Performing Arts Center Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. The documentary features footage shot between 1976 and 1978 of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band rehearsing, in the studio and other preparations for what would become the band’s 1978 album.
- Rapper The Game was denied entry into Canada because of alleged gang ties, according to TMZ.
- Morrissey gives a thoughtful interview to the BBC. That doesn’t look right, but it is! He has a few nice zingers, but it’s mostly an insightful chat with one of rock’s great lyricists, about the Smiths’ legacy, being too old to perform certain songs and his upcoming autobiography.
- University of Maryland’s student radio station, WMUC, is facing serious funding issues. Full disclosure, I spent much more time in the radio than in class during college. The City Paper breaks down the current situation.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Friday morning:
- The Jesus & Mary Chain, “You Trip Me Up”