After losing an overtime heartbreaker in Sunday’s Game 6, the Caps have one final make-or-break chance to knock off the Boston Bruins. Game 7 is Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in Boston, and if you need me after the puck drops, I’ll be perched in a cat-like state of readiness on the edge of my couch. But if you’re looking for a place to watch the game with fans who are as anxious about the outcome as you are, head for one of these Caps-fan havens:
• If you’re not Boston-bound for the game, the Arlington Cinema ‘N’ Drafthouse is probably the closest you’ll get to re-creating the arena experience. All of the action will be on the big screen, and there’s no cover charge.
• Regulars to the team’s Arlington practice facility are probably no strangers to the Front Page Arlington, where team members often stop in for post-practice grub (head coach Dale Hunter was reportedly spotted there Monday night). The bar hosts a viewing party Wednesday night, coinciding with a Dewey Beach Party featuring giveaways to the Starboard Restaurant, so if things go south on the ice, you can easily turn your thoughts to a sandy summer escape.
• Also a short hop (or rather, elevator ride) from Kettler Capitals Iceplex is Union Jack’s Ballston, the team’s official playoff viewing headquarters. Expect giveaways, drink specials for anyone in Capitals colors, appearances by the team mascot and dance squad, and three 100-inch projection screens.
• It’s hard to get any closer to the team than at Bugsy’s Sports Bar in Old Town, owned by former Caps defenseman Bryan “Bugsy” Watson. Grab a seat early for $4 appetizers from 4 to 7 p.m.
• If you’re not too nervous to eat during the game, Cleveland Park’s Nanny O’Brien’s has 35 cent wings tonight.
• What’s better than 35 cent wings? Free wings. Hard Times Cafe, with locations throughout the area, is celebrating National Wing Day today (who knew?) and you can score a half-dozen free wings with any purchase. Hard Times is known for being Caps-friendly, so expect to see the game with full sound at most, if not all, locations.
• Duffy’s Irish Pub’s weekly Wednesday pub quiz has been
canceled tonight postponed so that the U Street-adjacent bar can show the game with full sound, with $15 buckets of PBR tall boys.
• Draft beers are half price at Lou’s City Bar in Columbia Heights all night.
• BlackFinn Bethesda’s drink specials for the game include $5 “Great 8” drinks, $3 Coors bottles and $2 shooters.
• Public Bar has $3 Coors Lights, $5 rail cocktails and $5 Captain Morgan.