Photos from around the region
Imran Khan hopes to replicate his success on the cricket pitch in the field of Pakistani politics.
China newly rich are spending their money on lavish goods.
Three blasts ripped through India’s financial hub, killing at least 17.
The sister of the exiled prime minister won his old office.
After 34 years, world’s longest-serving democratically elected communist party loses power.
A collection of popular works of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who was arrested by the Chinese police.
Continued photo coverage from the front lines.
Governments around the world are questioning the use of nuclear power.
Aerial photos reveal the scale of the devastation.
A massive earthquake and tsunami struck the eastern coast of Japan.
Advocates worry that programs aiding women are being rolled back.
Pakistan’s federal minorities minister gunned down.
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- Japan approves joining international child custody treaty amid concerns about abductions
- North Korea sends top official, Kim confidant to China in highest profile visit of year
- Japan watchdog endorses panel's conclusion that active fault is underneath nuclear plant
- Death toll rises to 23, with 10 still missing, in blast at China explosives plant
- Opposition in Burkina Faso vow to fight creation of a Senate
- Rockets land in Congolese city of Goma as UN secretary-general arrives in capital
- AP PHOTOS: Nigeria mourns and prepares to bury writer Chinua Achebe at his family's rural home
- Kenya truth report shows assassinations, land grabs, corruption plagued its past governments
- UN's top Mideast envoy says there are mounting reports of chemical weapons use in Syria
- Israeli air force chief says military needs to be ready for 'surprise war' from Syria
- Syria's opposition coalition urges rebels to reinforce embattled town near Lebanese border
- Bahrain opposition group snubs crisis talks over security crackdowns
- Britain formally launches bid to label Hezbollah's military wing a terrorist organization
- UK official: Violent attack in London that killed 1 man could be terror related
- Polish man gets quick face transplant in what doctors say was life-saving decision
- UK official: Violent attack in London could be terror-related
- Costa Rican volcano spews ash, smoke; sets off alert, prompting small-scale evacuation
- Deputy mayor says Toronto mayor has been told by lawyers to say little
- In Argentine dictator Videla's birthplace, townspeople gather to protest his burial
- Ex-premier was ousted amid corruption probe seeks return to power in Cayman elections
- Pentagon to seek new electronic records system for vets healthcare
- Fort Jackson, SC, commander suspended, facing adultery charges
- US missile test postponed in April due to North Korean tensions is now scheduled for Tuesday
- Kerry challenges Congress on security at US diplomatic missions, vows to boost protection